Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My Mind On Insomnia

If I had not mentioned it before, I had (what I like to call) an "early in life" hip replacement in November, which followed closely behind a massive lay off from a job I loved. Since those events and a few set backs post surgery, I have become sadly well acquainted with a good case of insomnia. Some might think this would be a totally a Bad thing. But always trying to make the proverbial lemonade when life throws me a lemon or two, I have found a few positives about these new waking hours. I have also learned that my pets are better at bedtime than I am. Allie, my pup, starts staring me down around midnight. She knows this is just not working out!

Since "vampires" seem to be all the rage these days, perhaps my new Awake hours are actually in vogue! I never did get the attraction to this vampire thing, but maybe this is where I do "get it". It is Very quiet at 3:00 in the morning, for those of you who were wondering. I also find that my brain comes up with all sorts of new ideas for recipes, income, and projects around the house. Now that I have that new KitchenAid sitting on my counter in the kitchen, I actually have to talk myself out of going in there and trying to whip up a new delight at 4:00 a.m. Fortunately, some little piece of my brain still knows that the chances of it turning out as I hope it will are slim to none at such an hour. Instead, I just make notes, type ideas and plan my next coupon excursion to the store.

I have decided to try and make Easter Bread tomorrow, well actually that would be Today! Let's see how well my late night recipe idea turns out. If it is good, I promise to share it with you so you can make your own for the special holiday coming up! If it tastes good And is worthy of presentation, I will also share a photograph.

Sweet dreams and Good Morning to you all. I think I covered all of my bases.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Susan,so glad to be your first follower. Love that you are doing this and I look forward to getting to know you better through your new blog. I also cant wait for the Easter Bread recipe and pics. xo

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

Welcome to blogging Susan!!! I have had bouts of insomnia in the past and they are good for creativity at least! ;)

Unknown said...

I think it's only "insomnia" if it is interfering with your daily life. Maybe, at this time in your life with everything you've been through in the past 6 months,it's just your body saying "Let's try something different while we can"? For right now, you're totally in charge of your own schedule. Who's to say it's not "right" to stay up all night and sleep all day? Or to take a nap in the afternoon? Right now you have the luxury to do what you want! Go for it, girlfriend!

Susan said...

Thank you ladies So Much for your kind words and support. Your feedback is priceless. I am totally new to blogging! But I can tell already that I am going to have fun with this and would love to get some hints from you! Have a fabulous evening! :)