Friday, March 25, 2011

Canines, Cats, Cooking and Cops...TGIF?

Happy Friday Everyone! It started out feeling like a Friday, but seems to be heading towards more of a Monday morning kind of feeling. Bummer! Good news is that I got my hair cut and ran some errands before the rain started. The Bad news is that I was actually pulled over by a cop, two, Twice, Dos, Double, times today within a 3 hour period. No, I wasn't speeding or running red lights. Seems my tags have expired and not having been driving much at all for the past few months due to the hip surgery, I guess it slipped past me. AND I found out that somehow, sometime, my glove compartment was missing many things including my registration. (ugh) AND the proof of insurance I had expired in February. AND, for those of you familiar with Belle Meade's finest, that was the first place I was pulled over. Didn't stand a chance, even when trying to explain the circumstances. There is no way out when they get you in Belle Meade unless you were born in that Zip Code, or so the legend goes.

On my way home, I decided a nice, Iced Americano from Starbucks might calm me down. And it did. For about 2 minutes. Before I could pull onto Highway 100, the blue lights came on (Metro's finest) and I had to go through it all over again. This guy was reasonable and nice, so I drove on home, and realized I had to drive to the bank to make a teeny tiny deposit. So I picked up my dog Allie and drove as slowly as I could into Bellevue, in the rain, trying to wish myself invisible until I could get back in my driveway. Guess I am parked here until Monday when I can go get all of this straightened out.

I did deliver samples of my Easter Bread, Homemade Toffee, and Yeast Caramel Rolls to my hair salon and am hoping for some orders. I need the money anyway, but now looks like I might have some court costs to save up for when I go to traffic court. (Ugh) I have been happily cooking for the past 2-3 days. I have been giving samples to people and so far, the reviews have been good. Now if word of mouth can work it's magic, it would be great! Both the courts and I would be very grateful.

Allie had been waiting for hours for me to return, so she was happy to get in the car and go to the bank with me. Unfortunately, they were out of the usual dog treats, but like a good Scout, I usually have a spare in the car for just such an occasion. All is good!

For those of you who are not familiar with cats, they also wait for you to come back home after being gone all day. They love and miss you just like the pups. All 4 of mine greet me at the door and swirl around me until I sit down and pay them some quality attention. So when I dash in and right back out again, they are not happy cats. One made sure to let me know that she was not happy and it was evident when I got back home. (ugh) No details necessary, I'm sure.

I will be posting the recipe and photos of the bread baking over the weekend, but for now, my feet are up on the couch, Allie is at my feet, and the cats are all in boxes throughout the den. I think it is quiet time for us...at least for an hour. TGIF!

1 comment:

Leisa Hammett said...

Welcome to the blogging world, Susan. Long time no see! I remarried this summer.