Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The KitchenAid and Chris Meloni

Many of you know that I recently acquired a new Professional Series KitchenAid Mixer and find myself in mixer Heaven. There has not been a day that I have not tried a new recipe with this mixer. There is a beauty in watching this machine combine simple ingredients in a beautiful whirling spiral. I love the sound and the effects that come from this machine. My friend, Nancy, is totally instrumental in my acquiring my new "love" and I will happily be her Girl Friday to show my complete gratitude for making this a reality for me. It is truly the little things that matter, even though to me, this 25 pound silver angel is no little thing. :) Tonight, we try Sweet Dough! I will post progress reports as I go along. So far, only 2 things have hit the trash bin! My transition during this "lay off" period will not go to waste!

You all know what a fan I am of Law & Order, particularly SVU and Criminal Intent. And for those of you who have seen my Toshiba laptop, you know that Christopher Meloni is one of my faves and lines the top of my home screen. I have received many taunts about it, but it is all good! It is clear he is Hot and Talented, but he also has a heart for good causes, so give this link a look:http://kft55.tumblr.com/post/3704547353/chris-meloni-50th-birthday-campaign-update It will give you information on the cause and how to help Chris celebrate his 50th birthday come April.

The cats have all enjoyed this beautiful Spring day by draping themselves in the open kitchen window, and Allie and I had a great walk and a trip to Starbucks. She gets her oatmeal cup of water and I get my regular Americano. Life is good!!!

No comments: